It is finally time to devote some serious work to the Helm project. Time to move from learning to applying what we have learned. A couple of weeks ago we started jotting down the components of the project and groups of interest -- as of now, some of the groups are a bit overcrowded given the simplicity of the task ("Composers"), other ones are more challenging and definitely understaffed, so to speak ("Manuscript History").
I thought the best way to get started would be a great session of collective brainstorming on the course blog. You are obviously free to choose how to structure you contribution, but if I were to suggest anything I would make this blog both a way of looking back to the first half of the semester and forward to the active part of the Helm project awaiting us. What have we learned so far? What are we still missing? (There is not way we can be turned into professional scholars in 7 weeks, nobody promised that). Can we count on help? And, perhaps more importantly -- are we excited about getting our hands dirty? (I certainly am). What are the things we especially look forward to?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment