Sunday, March 28, 2010

Assuming that Jeremy and I are the only two in this section, I would suggest the following:

Program Notes--Split evenly

Simple enough.

A more interesting idea for the review would be a duel perspective review. One review from the audience and one review from the stage (since I'm a performer in the concert).

2 comments:

  1. Good idea Ben!
    Should we also have an editor to ensure continuity in the program notes?
    I love the idea for the concert review. Might we even try for a third review from a stranger in the audience? Surely we could find someone with no previous knowledge of the Helm Manuscript, who would review the concert, and assess the work we have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest that Ben has some inside information on certain pieces (e.g.Merula, En m'oyant, and the final piece) that would suggest that he should choose which specific pieces to write about in the program note.

    I like the idea of a review from a stranger, and might suggest you contact Peter Jacoby of the HT to see whether he plans to come.

    ReplyDelete